This week, we celebrate all your favorite tasty, but not good-for-you foods for National Junk Food Day (July 21). In Stephen Currie’s book Junk Food: Health at Risk, “Junk food can include breakfast cereals, candies, chips, cookies, French fries, gum, hamburgers, hot dogs, ice cream, sodas, and most sweet desserts.” And the term “junk food” started being used in 1960. I love random facts, don’t you? If you want to read more about junk food, check out these 38 Interesting Facts About Junk Food.
I’ve got a few recipes that I’d classify as junk food here on our blog like Butterbeer (mmmmm…) and Loaded Baked Potato Dip, but today I’m going to share Chocolate Malt Cupcakes that are deliciously reminiscent of that favorite chocolate-malt candy, Whoppers.
Now it’s your turn. Link up any recipe for something you think qualifies as junk food or that features junk food as an ingredient. Got a recipe for fries or one that uses a sweet cereal as an ingredient? Maybe you have something loaded with candy bars or a great hamburger recipe. Link them & anything else you like up! Linky is open Monday through Friday. On Saturday, we’ll feature our favorites and the most-clicked on post (all of which will be pinned on our Pinterest boards). Each week, we’ll be back with a new food holiday celebration. Here’s what’s coming up next:
July 22-26 National Milk Chocolate Day (July 28)
July 29 – Aug. 2 National Cheesecake Day (July 30)
A few rules:
- Please follow Rate the Plate Utah. To make sure you get future link party notifications in a timely manner, we recommend subscribing by email.
- Link to a specific post (not your home page) that is related to the theme (we reserve the right to delete any posts that are inappropriate, spam-like, or otherwise not related to the current link party theme). Can be a new or old post. You may link more than one post.
- Visit at least 2 other entries and leave comments or pin the ones you love.
- Please share by posting about our link party on Facebook, Twitter, and/or putting our party button anywhere on your blog.
- By submitting your post, you are giving permission to feature a link & picture from your blog on our features post, if chosen. Please submit posts that feature your own photographs.
Time for the fun! Come back on Saturday to see the features!