The Food Network show Diners, Drive-Inns, & Dives has featured a good number of Salt Lake-area restaurants in the past few years. Mr. Diner has been to Red Iguana, but other than that, we haven’t sampled these great places. Believe me, though, they are going on my list of places to try! Have you been to any of these?
- The Blue Plate Diner – classic diner known for its breakfast (served all day), smoked salmon, corned beef hash, & vegan options.
- Burger Bar – burger shack in Roy known for its burgers (including elk & buffalo), fries, & fruit shakes
- Lone Star Taqueria – features all kinds of tacos & burritos including pork, shrimp, & fish
- Moochie’s Meatballs & More - an eatery inside a pottery shop. It’s known for its meatballs and cheesesteaks
- Ruth’s Diner – serving classics like biscuits & gravy, mac & cheese, and great breakfasts since 1930
- Pat’s BBQ – all kinds of BBQ including daily specials and lots of sides
- The Red Iguana – Mexican food including mole & chile verde
The question is, when is a Utah County-area diner going to get a spot on the show? What worthy contenders can you think of?