|Photo by Aaron Friedman.|
Remember I promised you the scoop on In-N-Out’s “not so secret menu” in a previous post? Well, here I am to deliver. If you want to shake things up a bit, try ordering one of these items on your next trip to In-N-Out. Some are standard knowledge; others may need to be explained to employees, but they should do their best to accommodate you.
Customize Your Burger
- 3×3, 4×4, 2×4, 4×2 - 3 patties with 3 slices of cheese, 4 patties with 4 slices of cheese, 2 patties with 4 slices of cheese, 4 patties with 2 slices of cheese, etc., etc….just tell them how many patties & how many slices of cheese you want.
- Double Meat – 2 patties without cheese
- Plain Burger – Just the meat & bun (Amazing Diner would like this one)
- Mustard Grilled – Any burger with mustard grilled onto one side
- 3 by Meat – 3 patties without cheese
- Animal Style – Any burger mustard-grilled with pickle, extra spread and grilled onions
- Protein Style – Any burger wrapped in lettuce instead of a bun
- Grilled Cheese – Basically a cheeseburger without the beef patty….2 slices of cheese with all the vegetable trimmings & spread.
- Veggie Burger (aka Wish Burger) - Basically a hamburger without the beef patty…just all the veggies & spread on a bun. (not my cup of tea, but someone must like it.)
- Flying Dutchman – 2 meat patties & 2 slices of melted cheese with nothing else…not even a bun!
- Flying Dutchman Animal Style – the above but with diced onions melted in with the cheese; pickles & spread are served on the side
- No Toast Bun/Lightly Toasted/Extra Toasted Bun - pretty much what is says…you can get an untoasted bun or one that’s toasted the way you want it
- Medium Rare – patty has a pink center
- Add Mustard/Add Ketchup - add another condiment…make sure you specify you also want the spread.
- Only Mustard/Only Ketchup - forgo the special spread & choose mustard and/or ketchup
- No Salt - they won’t salt your patty
- Cold Cheese – cheese is unmelted
- Whole Raw Onion – raw onion rings instead of chopped
- Grilled Onions – add to any burger…these are chopped
- Whole Grilled Onion – like the above, but these will be rings
- Triple X – any burger with extra tomatoes, lettuce, & onions
- Chopped Chilis – add to any burger…these are spicy pickled peppers
- Split in Half – have any burger cut in half
- Fries Inside – any burger with fries as a topping
Customize Your Fries
- Cheese Fries – fries topped with melted cheese
- Animal Style Fries – fries topped with cheese, spread, & grilled onions.
- Fries Well Done – extra crispy fries
- Fries Light Well – in between regular and well done
- Fries Light – less crispy fries
- Fries No Salt – no salt added to your fries
Customize Your Shakes
- Neapolitan Shake – strawberry, chocolate, & vanilla blended together
- Black & White Shake – chocolate & vanilla blended together (you can actually get any flavors combined)
- Extra Syrup – extra flavoring in your shake
- Large/Extra Large Shakes – large is in a medium soft drink cup; extra large is in a large soft drink cup
On the Side
- Spread on the Side – popular to dip fries in
- Chilis on the Side – same spicy pickled peppers, but you get a bag of 2 whole ones
- Salad on the Side – lettuce, tomato, & onions in a bag
Whew! In-N-Out doesn’t seem so simple now, doesn’t it? I think a mustard-grilled cheeseburger with whole grilled onion, some well done fries, and a neapolitan shake might be calling my name. And maybe I should order it split in half. What about you?